Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy, until you choose to be happy.
I have been constantly thinking, what kind of “life” do I want to live:
as an insatiable person who always thinks about earning more money and have a prosperous life,
as a ambitious person who always try hard to be more successful than others,
as a busy business women who thinks she can control the whole world,
or as a servant, who always try to satisfied others.
But, none of them are what I truly want to be, because, I have chosen a happy life.
I didn’t choose to live a happy life myself. I were being influenced by a person. He is not an evangelist or any well-known speaker or orator, I am not even sure, if he knows he did chose living a happy life, but through his action, I admire him and the way he lives.
I have learnt, Happiness comes from simple things, when:
- You start to dance in any summer songs on the street, begin your day with calm, chill and happy music every day. Gabrielle Aplin, Russian Red, Ingrid Michaelson, Grace VanderWaal and Ed Sheeran are will definitely blow your tiredness away, (it works for me at least) 🙂
- Enjoy your time at work, even it is such a 9 to 5 job. Everything has its positive side. It would be so boring if every day you must do the same work, but if you just think about it a bit differently, what was the reason you apply for that job at the beginning, others than money of course, was it because you wanted to experience and learn something from the job? 🙂
- Spend time with your friends, they are the most precious gift you have had in your life. I was so happy when I met Yulia when she was in Helsinki, even it was such a short time and we haven’t met for few months already, since she is in Vaasa.
- Shopping makes you happy. But, it is not the only one, there are so many things that you can do for free, which is so much meaningful and you can easily feel happy by doing it. Have you ever walked around the city by night, sit down by the sea, gone out under the rain or taken a bus to the other end of its stop? Believe me, it feels so relaxed, even when you are going by yourself. Sometimes, little things matter ❤
- Everyone has right to have their own opinions about others, but after all, always see best in others. Of course, everyone has good side and bad side, but seeing the good out of the bad still better in a way that, it doesn’t stress you out 🙂
- Caring and helpful are the most two beautiful characters which can be described in a word: “volunteering“. Sharing your knowledge to others, willing to help people when they need or just listening to their stories.
- Being thoughtful to important people in your life. Simple things matter in any relationships. Sometimes, buying a cup of coffee for your co-workers in break time, inviting your friends for a cup of tea in your place already show how much you appreciate them in your life 🙂
- Find at least one positive thought every day when you wake up. It can, of course, something like, thank God, I am still alive! 🙂
- Plan ahead of time. But do remember, planning just make you define your future a bit clearer, tomorrow’s problems are still tomorrow’s problems, don’t make it as a big deal. It also applies to yesterday’s troubles, complaining about it doesn’t really help in the future 🙂
- Be satisfied with what you have and try to adapt with new circumstances, you can’t be jealousy and greedy to things which are not belongs to you 🙂
So, this is how I define a happy life, what about you?
I just came across this topic yesterday after reading Katy Cowan blog . I also consider this post as a response of Magnetic topic of Daily Prompt, because, I got attracted to a person, and I learnt that “idea life” from him. Thank you for reading and I wish you a wonderful week 🙂